Templestowe Manor Aged Care
- A suite of SIGNATURE SERVICES featuring dining, entertainment and lifestyle activity choices over and above your standard specified care and services offering
- Bus trips
- Lifestyle Program offers a diverse range of activities, for both groups and individuals, to promote socialisation and to encourage residents to retain their interests or learn new skills.
- LIVE LOVE SHINE - Allity's Exclusive Signature Lifestyle Programs
- Social Clubs
Templestowe Manor Aged Care
Welcome to Templestowe Manor Aged Care
Nestled in the beautiful leafy surrounds of Lower Templestowe, just 17kms North East of Melbourne CBD. Residents are surrounded by local parks, sporting grounds and clubs. For absolute convenience, our neighbourhood shopping hubs include Doncaster Shoppingtown and the Pines shopping centre. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Templestowe Manor is a Signature service Home that presents warmth and friendliness. With quality internal furnishings and amenities, spacious external landscaped gardens, the Home offers on onsite hair salon for resident pampering and a kiosk perfect for catching up with family and friends.
With 20 independent living units and residential aged care in refurbished apartment style suites, Templestowe Manor has accommodation options and services to meet your every need. The selection of accommodation options include small and large single rooms with ensuites as well as apartments with kitchenettes.
Lifestyle & Dining
Templestowe Manor provides a comprehensive range of Signature service offerings guided by Allity’s LiveLoveShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can be. These include;
• A changing selection of LiveLoveShineTM programs covering music, art and craft appreciation, theatre, dance and literature
• Regular bus outings
• Happy hours, and live entertainment
• Exceptional dining and hospitality experiences include hot breakfast options & beverage services
• Private dining planned for functions organised with our executive chef to ensure the experience is everything you want it to be
• Entertainment and technology includes widescreen TV, in-room and in-lounge Foxtel & Wi-Fi
• We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
• Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
• Quality labelling of all clothing
• Room set up
• Welcome dining invitation for the family
Visit us at Templestowe Manor soon, meanwhile, meet our residents Marjorie and Thorold.
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Templestowe Manor Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be
- Beauty Spa
- Capabilities to support "Ageing in Place" providing support and care as resident's medical and care needs change.
- Comprehensive activity program.
- Dental Clinics regularly scheduled at the Home
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Foxtel In-Room
- Hairdresser onsite.
- Landscaped Gardens
- Laundry services are available.
- Nursing Care appropriate to your needs
- Outdoor Entertaining Area
- Pharmacy services offered.
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Private function room for special family events
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Fully refurbished single room, high quality designer furniture and joinery, refurbished private ensuite, king single bed, new wardrobe, widescreen TV, separate individual controlled air conditioning
Single Private Large
Fully refurbished large single room, high quality designer furniture and joinery, refurbished private ensuite, king single bed, new wardrobe, widescreen TV, separate individual controlled air conditioning
Single Private Superior
Fully refurbished superior single room, high quality designer furniture and joinery, refurbished private ensuite, king single bed, new wardrobe, widescreen TV, separate individual controlled air conditioning
Spacious 37sqm one-bedroom apartment with own separate lounge and bedroom, separate kitchenette with fridge, high quality designer furniture and joinery, refurbished private ensuite, king single bed, new wardrobe, widescreen TV, separate individual controlled air conditioning
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- In-Lounge Foxtel
- In-Room Foxtel
- Widescreen HDTV
- Enhanced dining experience
- Quality beverage service
- Live Love Shine Programs
- Regular Bus Outings
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.