Smithfield Aged Care
Welcome to Smithfield Aged Care
Surrounded by extensive parklands, Smithfield Aged Care offers it all. Only a short walking distance from the Munno Para Shopping Centre and easy access to public transport including the Smithfield train station, our location ensures ongoing engagement with the local community.
Your Home: Our innovative design includes an internal shopping mall for that real sense of independence and community living. A coffee shop, hairdressing salon, second hand shop and chapel all support opportunities to socialise with friends and family.
Spacious, light filled single and semi-single rooms with private ensuites, enjoy views of landscaped gardens and courtyards with easy access to enjoy the outdoors and a breath of fresh air.
At Smithfield we are proud of the reputation of excellence that we have built in the local community. Our highly qualified and experienced staff work around the clock, every day of the year giving you the comfort and security of knowing someone is on hand to provide care and services as and when needed.
Lifestyle & Dining: Smithfield provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided by Allity’s Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the best it can be. These include;
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hours and entertainment
- Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
- Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team
- Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
Moving In: We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labelling of all clothing
- Room set up
- Welcome dining invitation
From our Residents and families...
"Smithfield is a lovely facility, the decor int the entrance area, the showcases in corridors - it is all extremely well thought out and presented and kept beautifully. The staff are very friendly and go that extra mile....food at Smithfield is very good quality and is one of the best facilities I have seen, and I work in the aged care industry" - B.M. Coyle (3.11.2015)
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families
- Caters for couples
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Community Shop opened daily.
- Comprehensive activities program catering to individual and group choice
- Delicious cuisine prepared by our Qualified Staff & served in the dining areas
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy
- Friendly, caring staff on call 24 hours/day, available to attend to care and personal needs.
- Hairdresser services available on site.
- Homely and comfortable sitting rooms and rest areas, TV lounges and sun rooms - plenty of room suitable for family gatherings, activities, etc.
- Hot Breakfast - Weekly
- Internet Kiosk
- King Single Beds - electronically controlled
- Landscaped Gardens
- Leisure & lifestyle programs
- Nursing Care appropriate to your needs
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Palliative and Dementia Care in a friendly environment.
- Parking available
- Permanent & respite care
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Private Physiotherapy and Allied Services available as Additional Elective Options
- Qualified 24 hr Staff including Registered Nurses and Carers
- Quiet and secure gardens
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Single, couples and companion rooms available
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room - Private Large
Spacious single rooms have good natural light overlooking the courtyard. Rooms are furnished with single bed memory foam mattress. Built in wardrobes with vanity and desk and private ensuite.
Single Room - Private
Single rooms have good natural light overlooking the courtyard. Rooms are furnished with single bed memory foam mattress. Built in wardrobes with vanity and desk and private ensuite.
Companion Room - Semi with Ensuite
Uniquely designed semi single rooms have good natural light, suitable for couples or those who enjoy companionship. Bathroom is designed as a split ensuite with a separate shower and toilet.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Menu choice
- Happy Hour
- Regular Bus Outings
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
Recommended respite stays will vary between aged care providers. Our policy at Allity in order to optimise your experience, is between 2-4 weeks depending on your circumstances.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.