Medina Manor Aged Care
Welcome to Medina Manor Aged Care
Medina Manor is located in Thornbury within the heart of Melbourne's North West. There is convenient access to local transport and surrounding parks. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Medina Manor are also recognised for its expertise in caring for people living with and are specialists in Dementia care. Along with our own dementia consultant, we have culturally appropriate linguistic dementia trained staff who are recognised for their consistent achievement of benchmarked standards within dementia care.
Our Home provides a welcoming and peaceful impression, offering a variety of social areas where residents can partake in dining or have time out to relax with family and friends. Each resident has the privacy of their own single bedroom and ensuite designed to ensure comfort and security.
Lifestyle & Dining
Medina Manor provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided LiveLoveShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can be. These include;
• Regular bus outings
• Happy hours
• Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
• Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team
• Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
• We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
• Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
• Quality labelling of all clothing
• Room set up
• Welcome dining invitation for the family
"I just wanted to say thank you to you and all the staff at Medina Manor. Vern was only there a short while, but it was the first time in three years that I wasn’t anxious about him and felt that he was getting the care that he needed. He had a tough time with dementia and towards the end of his life he needed specialised care to keep him calm and secure which Medina Manor provided very effectively. Visiting an aged care home is not necessarily a pleasant experience, but I found the atmosphere at Medina Manor to be very welcoming, bright and peaceful".
Simon Hauser, Son of Vern Hauser
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Medina Manor Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families.
- Capabilities to support "Ageing in Place" providing support and care as resident's medical and care needs change.
- Close interaction with residents and their families.
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Entertainers and Special Events
- Exercise sessions
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy.
- Friendly, caring, quality care by qualified staff on duty 24 hours – Registered Nurses and Personal Carer staff are available at all times to attend to all your care and and personal needs. Staff have been specially trained in all facets of modern treatment and care options for dementia residents.
- Hairdresser onsite.
- Hot Breakfast Weekly
- Landscaped Gardens
- Lifestyle Officers ensure residents are actively working towards personal wellness
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Outdoor Entertaining Area
- Palliative care
- Permanent & respite care
- Pharmacy services offered.
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Private function room for special family events
- Qualified 24 hr Staff including Registered Nurses and Carers
- Registered Nursing staff available 24 hours / day.
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Safe, caring and supportive environment
- Secure dementia friendly unit for residents with dementia including outdoor area.
- Single rooms all with ensuites.
- Spacious lounge areas.
- Welcoming and friendly atmosphere for residents, families and friends.
- Well known reputation for providing excellence in all areas of Aged Care
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room - Private
Quaint single room has its own ensuite for absolute privacy and convenience. A built-in double wardrobe provides ample hanging space and storage for personal belongings.
Single Room - Large Ensuite
The single room is designed with a large private ensuite and sizeable windows for good natural light. Built in double wardrobe provides ample hanging space and storage for personal belongings.
Single Room - Large
Large single room with ensuite for absolute privacy and convenience with views to the city. Built-in double wardrobe provides ample hanging space and storage for personal belongings.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Regular Bus Outings
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.