Marten Aged Care
Welcome to Marten Aged Care
Located in Largs North on the picturesque Le Fevre Peninsula with The Largs beach is just 500 metres away, this home is a short drive to the historic towns of Port Adelaide and Semaphore. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Our Home is purposefully designed offering a number of communal spaces including courtyards, garden areas and our ‘Bus Stop Café for residents, family and friends to enjoy a coffee.
Marten offers the variety of large light filled single and twin rooms with ensuites and access to colourful garden views designed to ensure comfort & security.
Lifestyle & Dining
Marten provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided LiveLoveShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can be. These include;
• Regular bus outings
• Happy hours
• Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
• Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by our hospitality team
• Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
• We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
• Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
• Quality labelling of all clothing
• Room set up
• Welcome dining invitation for the family
"Thank you and all your staff at Allity for the extra length everyone has gone to for mum. Collette organised a distant meeting for Di and I with mum on Tues which was amazing and we are so thankful. Today I received a call from Deanna in the laundry who explained that they can accommodate a separate cold wash for mum as a result of my concerns with hot wash clothes shrinkage. I was gobsmacked that she is prepared to go to these lengths for mum and us. I believe you are working tirelessly to protect your residents and I am greatly appreciate. Zoom is another outstanding initiative and I will be utilising that platform for mum. Once again I cannot express my thanks enough."
Family Member of Pam Head
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Marten Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families.
- Capabilities to support "Ageing in Place" providing support and care as resident's medical and care needs change.
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Delicious cuisine prepared by our Qualified Staff & served in the dining areas
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Entertainers and Special Events
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy.
- Friendly, caring staff on call 24 hours/day, available to attend to care and personal needs.
- Hairdresser onsite.
- Homely and comfortable sitting rooms and rest areas, TV lounges and sun rooms - plenty of room suitable for family gatherings, activities, etc.
- Hot Breakfast Weekly
- Landscaped Gardens
- Lifestyle Officers ensure residents are actively working towards personal wellness
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- Nursing Care appropriate to your needs
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Palliative care
- Parking available
- Permanent & respite care
- Pharmacy services offered.
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Qualified 24 hr Staff including Registered Nurses and Carers
- Quiet and secure gardens
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Safe, caring and supportive environment
- Single, couples and companion rooms available
- Welcoming and friendly atmosphere for residents, families and friends.
- Well known reputation for providing excellence in all areas of Aged Care
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room - Private Courtyard
This large single room has a private ensuite, with great natural light and direct access to a small private courtyard. The room is furnished with TV.
Single Room - Premium Large
A newly refurbished premium single room has a private ensuite, with great natural light and direct access to a small private courtyard and is furnished with TV.
Single Room - Private Large
Large room with private ensuite, bay window allows for abundance of natural light and view into the garden.
Single Room - Private Ensuite
Recently refurbished single with private ensuite. Built-in wardrobe with split system air-conditioner. Facing secure garden area.
Companion Double - Private Ensuite
Large room with ensuite and views to secure garden area. Temperature controlled with split system air conditioner.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Happy Hour
- Regular Bus Outings
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.