Little Para Aged Care
Welcome to Little Para Aged Care
Located in Elizabeth Vale in the northern extent of Adelaide, Little Para provides the very best in comfort, with quality services catering for all levels of respite, permanent and palliative care.
Your Home: Set in a truly home-like environment, rooms are spaciously appointed with private ensuites and good natural light. Residents can enjoy the warmth and welcome of the various lounge areas to relax, read a book or socialise with like-minded neighbours.
Lifestyle & Dining: Little Para provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided by Allity’s Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the best it can be. These include;
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hours and entertainment
- Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
- Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team
- Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
Moving In: We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
Quality labelling of all clothing
Room set up
Welcome dining invitation
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Little Para Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families
- Comprehensive activities programs are organised throughout the day for residents to participate in if they choose. Little Para caters for group and individual social needs
- Dining choices include healthy, appetising fresh meals prepared daily in consultation with our nutritionist and professional hospitality team
- Family conferences to help decide the best care for individual residents.
- Friendly, caring staff, who make all residents feel like they are home 24 hours / day.
- Full calendar of activities and events
- Hairdresser services available on site.
- Homely and comfortable sitting rooms and rest areas, TV lounges and sun rooms - plenty of room suitable for family gatherings, activities, etc.
- Hot Breakfast - Weekly
- Landscaped Gardens
- Outdoor Entertaining Area
- Palliative and Dementia Care in a friendly environment.
- Podiatry and Physiotherapy services.
- Qualified 24 hr Staff including Registered Nurses and Carers
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Spacious, quiet rooms all with ensuite
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room - Private
Spacious single room with private ensuite and good natural light. Sizable built in wardrobe, bedside locker and comfortable chair.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Hot Breakfast
- Happy Hour
- Regular Bus Outings
- Bus Outings
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
Recommended respite stays will vary between aged care providers. Our policy at Allity in order to optimise your experience, is between 2-4 weeks depending on your circumstances.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.