Keperra Sanctuary Aged Care
Welcome to Keperra Sanctuary Aged Care
Located just 9 kilometres North West of Brisbane’s CBD our residents have convenient access to local shopping centres and parks. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Our Home is situated amongst the quiet and peaceful surrounds of its lush gardens. The private patio surrounding the building enables residents to enjoy fresh air at their leisure. All apartments are spaciously appointed with ensuites and kitchenettes with a choice of single or couples rooms designed to ensure comfort & security.
Lifestyle & Dining
Keperra Sanctuary provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can be. These include;
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hours
- Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
- Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team
- Entertainment and technology including in-room wide screen HDTV and Wi-Fi
- We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labelling of all clothing
- Room set up
- Welcome dining invitation for the family
Letter from Heather Smith, daughter of Lorna Easton June 2020:
“Lorna is very happy living in the Keperra Sanctuary Aged Care Home. She loves the provided activities and the variety, she loves her room, loves the food and could think of no better place to live. She has lived here now for 12 months and very pleased she made the decision to move to the Home. Lorna enjoys reading, emailing and receiving her visitors in her room. She enjoys her independence as the same time enjoys the good company she enjoys with the staff and other residents. The Home has been entraining Mum during COVID 19 and through the local homes newsletter I am proud to show Mums photos to our friends at work. Lorna is happy with the care she receives. Lorna lived 20 years in the Village so the move was a little bewildering in the beginning which is normal. She is now very happy and contented.”
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Keperra Sanctuary Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families.
- Café / Kiosk
- Capabilities to support "Ageing in Place" providing support and care as resident's medical and care needs change.
- Caters for couples
- Close interaction with residents and their families.
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy.
- Feature dining room adjacent to a resort style tropical rainforest open area
- Friendly, caring staff on call 24 hours/day, available to attend to care and personal needs.
- Hot Breakfast Weekly
- Landscaped gardens with intimate spaces
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Palliative care
- Permanent & respite care
- Pharmacy services offered.
- Picnics, afternoon teas and barbeque lunches.
- Private function room for special family events
- Qualified 24 hr Staff including Registered Nurses and Carers
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Welcoming and friendly atmosphere for residents, families and friends.
- Well known reputation for providing excellence in all areas of Aged Care
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room - Private
Large windows allow an abundance of light in these spacious single rooms. Rooms are designed with their own ensuite for absolute privacy.
Single Room - Large
Extra large single room designed with private ensuite and enjoys a garden outlook. Ample space is provided for personalisation of the room to suit individual taste.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Widescreen HDTV
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Happy Hour
- Regular Bus Outings
- Bus Outings
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.