Hillside Aged Care
- Bus trips
- Church Services
- Hairdresser in attendance once a week
- Lifestyle program offers a wide range of single and group activities and outings.
- Snack trolley with sweet treats which is also taken around regularly to residents.
- Spiritual, cultural and lifestyle needs for individual resident preferences
Hillside Aged Care
Welcome to Hillside Aged Care
Located in Heathfield in the centre of the picturesque Adelaide Hills, it is hard to believe that you are in close proximity to the local Stirling shops, including medical services, and only 15 kilometres from the City of Adelaide. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Hillside exudes warmth and intimacy with light filled rooms and windows leading out to picturesque garden and bushland views. Our Home is purposely designed with many shared communal spaces including internal courtyards and garden areas where residents, families and friends can also enjoy the beautiful gardens and bushland setting.
We offer a variety of single and twin shared rooms with ensuites designed to ensure comfort and security.
Lifestyle & Dining
Hillside provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided LiveLoveShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can be. These include;
• Regular bus outings
• Happy hours
• Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
• Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by our hospitality team
• Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
• We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
• Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
• Quality labelling of all clothing
• Room set up
• Welcome dining invitation for the family
"My family would like to thank you all for the wonderful care of Ray. We are more than happy with the care & the lovely carers, and staff are so great in this day of focus on terrible care in nursing homes. It is a lovely caring place and there a great mix of young and old carers which is a great advantage as young inexperienced people can learn from the older carers."
Family Member of Lois Allen
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Hillside Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families.
- Close interaction with residents and their families.
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Entertainers and Special Events
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy.
- Friendly, caring staff on call 24 hours/day, available to attend to care and personal needs.
- Hot Breakfast Weekly
- Landscaped Gardens
- Local church and community groups visit the facility on a regular basis.
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- Nursing Care appropriate to your needs
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Palliative care
- Parking available
- Permanent & respite care
- Pharmacy services offered.
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Qualified 24 hr Staff including Registered Nurses and Carers
- Quiet and secure gardens
- Single, couples and companion rooms available
- Welcoming and friendly atmosphere for residents, families and friends.
- Well known reputation for providing excellence in all areas of Aged Care
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room - Private Ensuite
Quaint single rooms have their own private ensuite with good natural light overlooking landscaped gardens.
Single Room - Shared Ensuite
Single rooms have a shared ensuite. Sizeable windows allow good natural light overlooking landscaped gardens.
Companion Double - Private Ensuite
With only one double room available, it is ideal for those who enjoy companionship. It has its own private ensuite and enjoys good natural light overlooking beautiful landscaped garden.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Happy Hour
- Regular Bus Outings
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.