Greenview Aged Care
Deb O’Brian family member of Lorna
I would also like to take this opportunity to again thank you and your team for doing an amazing job under very trying times. We are very thankful for the lockdown measures Allity has put in place and are hoping it will continue (although it would seem not ).I respect others have different opinions .However we find the window visits are great and have given us some valuable time with her, whilst keeping you all safe.
Conrad, son of Resident
I just wanted to thank the wonderful staff who helped my mum celebrate her 82nd birthday in Lockdown. She was very pleased with the way we were able to visit as a family.
I was most appreciative of Kiran organising a cake from the Greenview kitchens and Olivia helped out with an out of hours table visit on the Saturday. Mum really enjoyed herself and the staff were instrumental in making that day happen.
Welcome to Greenview Aged Care
Located in Donvale in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, Greenview is close to Tunstall Square shopping centre known for its dynamic atmosphere of cafes, restaurants, and other amenities. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Greenview is a Signature service Home, and offers choices of accommodation in distinct neighbourhoods, all with their own unique character as well as a selection of lounge and dining areas to relax or entertain family and friends. Residents can enjoy absolute comfort and convenience no matter where you choose to live. There is a selection of lounge and dining areas to relax and unwind, and a barista café perfect for catching up with family and friends.
Room choices include single private and large studio rooms as well as apartments with separate kitchenette. There is an inviting central courtyard protected by a large pergola, garden beds, a water feature and a variety of outdoor seating.
Lifestyle & Dining
Greenview provides a comprehensive range of Signature service offerings guided by Allity’s Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can be.
• A changing selection of Live Love ShineTM programs covering music, art and craft appreciation, theatre, dance and literature
• Regular bus outings
• Happy hours, and live entertainment
• Exceptional dining and hospitality experiences include hot breakfast options & beverage services
• Private dining planned functions organised with our executive chef to ensure the experience is everything you want it to be
• Entertainment and technology includes widescreen TV, in-room and in-lounge Foxtel & Wi-Fi.
We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in.
• Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
• Quality labelling of all clothing
• Room set up
• Welcome dining invitation for the family
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Greenview Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- A suite of SIGNATURE SERVICES featuring dining, entertainment and lifestyle activity choices over and above your standard specified care and services offering
- Close to public transport and shops
- Comprehensive activity program
- Delicious cuisine prepared by our Qualified Staff & served in the dining areas
- Dental Clinics regularly scheduled at the Home
- Dining choices include healthy, appetising fresh meals prepared daily by a professional hospitality team
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Foxtel in common areas
- Foxtel In-Room
- Hairdresser services available on site.
- Internet access capabilities.
- Landscaped Gardens
- Laundry services are available.
- Leisure & lifestyle programs
- Parking available
- Permanent & respite care
- Podiatry and Physiotherapy services.
- Private function room for special family events
- Private Physiotherapy and Allied Services available as Additional Elective Options
- Private resident bus for outings & shopping trips.
- Quiet and secure gardens
- Regular Bus Outings
- Safe, caring and supportive environment
- Spacious, quiet rooms with ensuite. The privacy of spacious rooms with a kitchenette and a modern ensuite bathroom, and provision for private phone and television.
- Superior furniture, fixtures & fittings.
- Welcoming and friendly atmosphere for residents, families and friends.
Spacious single with private ensuite high and quality designer furniture and joinery in bedroom
Spacious studio with private ensuite high and quality designer furniture and joinery in bedroom
Extra Large Studio
Spacious extra large studio. Private ensuite high and quality designer furniture and joinery in bedroom
Spacious one-bedroom apartment with own separate lounge and bedroom. Private ensuite and separate kitchenette with fridge. Garden or private courtyard aspect
Entertainment & Technology
- Care App Connecting Families with Loved Ones
- Guest Wi-Fi
- In-Lounge Foxtel
- In-Room Foxtel
- Internet Kiosk
- Widescreen HDTV
- Enhanced dining experience
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Quality beverage service
- Happy Hour
- Live Love Shine Programs
- Regular Bus Outings
- Beauty & Spa Services
- Bus Outings
- Live Love Shine Programs
- Private Therapies
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.