Glendale Aged Care
Welcome to Glendale Aged Care
Located 40 minutes south-west of Melbourne CBD, Glendale is conveniently located opposite Werribee Plaza. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite, dementia specific and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Residents can enjoy the security of peaceful courtyards and a variety of quiet sitting areas at their choosing. For those who like to socialise, our newly built cafe is the place to be for residents, families and friends to catch up over a barista coffee and daily cafe delights.
Our home, known for specialising in supporting and caring for people living with Dementia, has a unique architectural style offering the privacy of generous apartments with ensuite bathrooms as well as a selection of newly refurbished rooms now available.
Lifestyle & Dining
Glendale provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided by our Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the best it can be.
• Regular bus outings
• Happy hours
• Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
• Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team
• Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs;
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in.
• Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
• Quality labelling of all clothing
• Room set up
• Welcome dining invitation for the family
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Glendale Aged Care today and speak with our Admissions Coordinator. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- Capabilities to support "Ageing in Place" providing support and care as resident's medical and care needs change
- Enclosed fire place in the community room
- Kiosk opened regularly
- Landscaped Gardens
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- Multilingual staff to cater for the needs of English and multicultural residents.
- Podiatry and Physiotherapy services.
- Private function room for special family events
- Quality care provided to meet individual needs. Individualised care plans that are developed in consultation with family and medical practitioners.
- Regular bus outings.
- Secure Dementia specific neighbourhood
- Smart Step Brain and Balance Training
- The privacy of spacious apartments / private rooms with ensuite bathrooms, and provision for private phone and television.
- Touch pad security on all external doors
Single Room - Private
Spacious and tastefully appointed single room with its own private ensuite. Large windows provide an abundance of natural light.
Brand new spacious and tastefully appointed single room with its own private ensuite. Large windows provide an abundance of natural light.
Refurbished Large Suite
For those who prefer apartment style living, this room is designed with separate bedroom and private ensuite.
Beautifully refurbished spacious single room has its own private ensuite and lounge for those who prefer studio style living.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- In-Lounge Foxtel
- Hot Breakfast
- Happy Hour
- Regular Bus Outings
- Bus Outings
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.