Calare Aged Care
- Art & Craft
- Balloon Games
- Birthday Celebrations
- Board Games
- Boule in the Garden
- Bus trips
- Cooking Classes
- Exercise Classes
- Group Discussions
- Happy Hour
- Local trips to the shops and Clubs
- Pet Therapy
- Picture Bingo
- Red Cross Visits
- Sing a Longs
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Trivia Sessions
Calare Aged Care
Welcome to Calare Aged Care
Located in the heart of Orange close to the city centre, our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care and is an established home well-known for its expertise in supporting people living with Dementia.
With a heritage listed frontage, the home presents character and warmth while the common areas provide a touch of contemporary style. Calare offers bright and spacious single and companion rooms all with large windows allowing natural light and an outdoor aspect to external garden areas. It’s no secret that companionship and making new friends are key to a smooth transition into your new Home.
Lifestyle & Dining
Calare provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided by Allity’s Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can. These include;
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hours
- Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
- Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team
- Entertainment and technology including widescreen TV and Wi-Fi
- We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labelling of all clothing
- Room set up
- Welcome dining invitation for the family
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Calare Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families.
- Close interaction with residents and their families.
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy.
- Friendly home like environment with committed and caring staff.
- Friendly, caring staff on call 24 hours/day, available to attend to care and personal needs.
- Hot Breakfast Weekly
- Laundry services located at the Home
- Lifestyle Officers ensure residents are actively working towards personal wellness
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- Palliative care
- Permanent & respite care
- Pharmacy services offered.
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Qualified nursing staff on hand 24 hours / 7 days per week
- Recreational activities focused on promoting participation and socialisation
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Safe, caring and supportive environment
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Spacious single room with large window for enjoyment of the morning sun. Close proximity to shared bathrooms.
Share Room - Double
1 double room available, suitable for a couple or those who enjoy companionships. The room has a large window allowing good natural light and airflow.
Companion Room - 3 Bed
Light airy room surrounded with peaceful garden views. Suitable for those who enjoy companionship. Shared bathroom.
Companion Room - 4 Bed
Bright spacious 4 share companion room with an abundance of natural light. Shared bathroom.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Not Applicable
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.