Beechwood Aged Care
Welcome to Beechwood Aged Care.
Located in the City of Bankstown, Beechwood Aged Care is a well-established and respected part of the community that has provided quality, personalised care for over 30 years. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Spacious, vibrant and classic in style; Beechwood offers the choice of room size including generously designed rooms with large private ensuites and courtyard access. Our aim is to provide a Home with all the space our residents need to make Beechwood their own and in the company of neighbours they enjoy.
Lifestyle & Dining
Beechwood provides a comprehensive range of service offerings guided by Allity’s Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the best it can be.
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hour
- Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
- Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team.
- Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
- Access to foxtel
We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labelling of all clothing
- Room set up
- Welcome dining invitation for the family
Be sure to have a listen to what Brian, a resident at Beechwood, has to say about living here with us:
We hope you are able to visit us soon.
To make it easier to find us
The M5 motorway divides Albert Street into 2 sections, we are located at the Milperra Road end. You can access Beechwood by turning left into Albert Street off Milperra Road or turning left into Albert Street off Gordon Parker Street.
- Bedrooms equipped with ensuites
- Capabilities to support "Ageing in Place" providing support and care as resident's medical and care needs change
- Comprehensive activity program
- Dental Clinics regularly scheduled at the Home
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Hairdresser onsite.
- Hot Breakfast - Weekly
- Internal courtyards and gardens offering sunny corners for all to enjoy.
- Landscaped Gardens
- Laundry services are available.
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- Nursing Care appropriate to your needs
- Outdoor Entertaining Area
- Pharmacy services offered.
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Registered Nursing staff available 24 hours / day.
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Residents encouraged to remain active within the local community.
- Single storey home
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room - private ensuite
Beautifully refurbished spacious single room, opens to a courtyard with large private ensuite for ultimate comfort and convenience.
Companion Room - private ensuite
Well presented spacious companion double room with large private ensuite.
Companion Room - shared ensuite
Well presented, spacious double room with natural light and large shared ensuite.
Entertainment & Technology
- In-Lounge Foxtel
- Hot Breakfast
- Happy Hour
- Regular Bus Outings
- Bus Outings
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
Recommended respite stays will vary between aged care providers. Our policy at Allity in order to optimise your experience, is between 2-4 weeks depending on your circumstances.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.