Bayside Aged Care
Welcome to Bayside Aged Care
Situated 300 metres from the local Mordialloc Village Shopping Precinct and 500 meters from the beach and Port Phillip Bay, our residents have access to all the conveniences and recreational activities. Local transport is easily available with trains and buses only a short walk away with the convenience of a large medical centre across the road. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Bayside are also recognised for its expertise in caring for people living with and are specialists in Dementia care.
Our Home offers beachside comfort, with communal dining and activity areas to enjoy the warm and welcoming spirit of community, or time out to relax by the cosy fireplace with family and friends. Each resident has the privacy of their own bedroom and ensuite designed to ensure comfort and security.
Lifestyle & Dining
Bayside provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided LiveLoveShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can be. These include;
• Regular bus outings
• Happy hours
• Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
• Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team
• Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
• We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
• Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
• Quality labelling of all clothing
• Room set up
• Welcome dining invitation for the family
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Bayside Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families.
- Capabilities to support "Ageing in Place" providing support and care as resident's medical and care needs change.
- Close to public transport and shops
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Dining choices include healthy, well balanced fresh meals, prepared daily. Special dietary needs are easily accommodate
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy.
- Friendly home like environment with committed and caring staff.
- Friendly, caring staff on call 24 hours/day, available to attend to care and personal needs.
- Hairdressing, Podiatry, Physiotherapy & Dietician included.
- International Days are celebrated regularly, and friends and families are always welcome.
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Pharmacy services offered.
- Qualified nursing staff on hand 24 hours / 7 days per week
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Safe, caring and supportive environment
- Secure Dementia specific neighbourhood
- Touch pad security on all external doors
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Refurbished Single Room
Fully refurbished airy single room with good natural light and direct garden access. A refurbished private spacious ensuite for ultimate comfort and convenience.
Single Room - private ensuite
Single room with high ceilings, good natural light and direct garden access. A private spacious ensuite for ultimate comfort and convenience.
Single Room - private ensuite
Airy single room with good natural light and direct garden access. A private spacious ensuite for ultimate comfort and convenience.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Menu choice
- Regular Bus Outings
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.