We think Allity is a great place to work, and we hope you think it might be too. It’s best to apply directly for one of our advertised vacancies. The link here shows you current vacancies that you might be interested in.
However, we may not have a vacancy in your Home of choice at the moment. If this is the case, sign up for our job alerts so you can be kept informed of future vacancies or simply register your interest with us here.
To help you tell us how we’re a great match, we’ve also provided some job application tips.
We receive many applications and your resume is your chance to show us why you are the right person for the job. It tells us about your experience, your work history, and helps us understand how well you match the job you have applied for.
- Make it easy to read.
- Send it in Word or PDF format.
- Make sure your contact details – mobile number and email - are easy to find and up to date.
- Detail your working history. Start with your most recent job and work backwards. Make sure you put your dates of employment, employer name and job title.
- List your relevant qualifications and the date you obtained them.
- Don’t include unnecessary personal information.
- Proof read it before sending (or have someone do it for you).
- Make sure you think about who your referees will be. You will need 2, preferably your past manager or supervisor.
Don’t forget when preparing your resume that this document gives us an indication of your communication skills and attention to detail.
It’s a good idea to include a cover letter. It gives you the opportunity to explain why you want the job and tells us the reasons you are a good match for the job.
- If there is anything about your resume that needs explaining (such as moving in and out of aged care or making a career change) it is a really good idea to put that in a cover letter.
- Use the cover letter to show us how your skills and experience are relevant to the position.
Job Interview Tips
With job interviews preparation is important to help you perform well and show us why you are a good fit for working at Allity.
We are looking for employees who will help us ‘make every day the best it can be’ for our residents. Keep this in mind when preparing for the interview.
- Always be on time so think about how long it will take you to get there in advance. Don’t arrive any earlier than 7 minutes prior to your appointment time
- Professional presentation is always important.
- In the interview answer the questions clearly and concisely.
- Prepare some examples of things you have done well in your career (for example - a time you connected with a resident and felt you made their day better and a time you worked well with someone in your team).
- In your examples think about how to show us how you will ‘help us make every day the best it can be’ when working at Allity.
- Prepare to be able to tell us why you want to work with us at Allity.
- We are looking for people who believe in our values of Respect, Teamwork, Passion, Innovation, Accountability and Integrity. In your answers show us how you act in accordance with our values.
- An interview is a two-way street. We are deciding if you are a good fit for Allity and you are deciding if Allity is somewhere you would like to work. So, make sure your research us and think about what questions you would like to ask us about the job, the team, the Home or Allity as an organisation.