Walkerville Aged Care
Welcome to Walkerville Aged Care
Located in the peaceful inner northern suburbs of Adelaide just 5km from the city centre, built on the shores of the River Torrens and only two minutes’ walk from the local shopping precinct. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Walkerville is Premium service Home where residents can enjoy spacious single, twin and semi-private accommodation with private ensuites. All rooms look out to peaceful landscaped gardens or charming courtyards for that morning stroll or quiet time with a good book.
Home offers on onsite hair and beauty salon available for resident pampering. For our residents who like to entertain, there is wide range of communal areas, lounges and dining rooms to choose from. The private dining areas can be booked for family gatherings and special occasions or alternatively the barista cafe is perfect space for catching up with family and friends.
Lifestyle & Dining
Walkerville provides a comprehensive range of Premium service offerings guided by Allity’s LiveLoveShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can be. These include;
- A changing selection of LiveLoveShineTM programs covering music, art and craft appreciation, theatre, dance and literature
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hours, and live entertainment
- Unique dining and hospitality experiences include hot breakfast options
- Nutritious and tasty meals prepared by our hospitality team
- Private dining planned for functions organised with our executive chef to ensure the experience is everything you want it to be
- Entertainment and technology includes widescreen TV & Wi-Fi
- We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labelling of all clothing
- Room set up
- Welcome dining invitation for the family
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Walkerville Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Delicious cuisine prepared by our Qualified Staff & served in the dining areas
- Dental Clinics regularly scheduled at the Home
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Hairdresser visiting regularly.
- Heating & air-conditioning
- Homely and comfortable sitting rooms and rest areas, TV lounges and sun rooms - plenty of room suitable for family gatherings, activities, etc.
- Leisure activities for all residents including bus outings.
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Parking available
- Permanent & respite care
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Private Physiotherapy and Allied Services available as Additional Elective Options
- Qualified 24 hr Staff including Registered Nurses and Carers
- Quiet and secure gardens
- Single, couples and companion rooms available
Extra Large Single
Large single room with kitchenette, generous built-in wardrobes and private ensuite. Direct access to an enclosed courtyard is available from the room.
Spacious single room has easy access to the ensuite. Built-in wardrobes provide ample hanging space and storage for personal belongings.
Single Room - Refurbished
Newly refurbished single room provides ease of access to the ensuite and enjoys an outlook over the courtyard. Built-in wardrobes provide ample hanging space and storage for personal belongings.
Single Room - Private Ensuite
Single room with ease of access to the ensuite and enjoys an outlook over the courtyard. Built-in wardrobes provide ample hanging space and storage for personal belongings.
Companion Double - Private Large
Large semi-detached room designed with a divider wall to provide privacy. Furnished with built-in wardrobes and a wall dressing table, ample storage for personal belongings. Ensuite is designed as separate toilet and bathroom areas.
Companion Double - Private Ensuite
Shared room separated by privacy curtains and overlooks a view of the river. Includes a private ensuite with easy access.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- In-Lounge Foxtel
- In-Room Foxtel
- Internet Kiosk
- Widescreen HDTV
- Hot Breakfast
- Live Love Shine Programs
- Regular Bus Outings
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.