Walkerville Aged Care
Welcome to Walkerville Aged Care
Walkerville Aged Care is located in Walkerville just 5km from the city centre. The home is built on the shores of the River Torrens and the Adelaide Linear Park with the convenience of Walkerville Shopping Centre only 2 minutes walk away.
Your Home: Residents enjoy spacious single, twin and semi-private accommodation with private ensuites. All rooms look out to peaceful landscaped gardens or charming courtyards for that morning stroll or quiet time with a good book.
For our residents who like to entertain, there is wide range of communal areas, lounges and dining rooms to choose from. Private dining can be booked for family gatherings and special occasions or alternatively catch up at the cafe for a more casual bite. Healthy, delicious meals are prepared by our head chefs and food service teams and served where you prefer.
Lifestyle & Dining: Walkerville provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided by Allity’s Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the best it can be. These include;
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hours
- Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
- Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team
- Entertainment and technology including in-lounge Foxtel and Wi-Fi
We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
Moving In: We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labelling of all clothing
- Room set up
- Welcome dining invitation
At Walkerville we are proud of the reputation of excellence that we have built in the local community.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families
- Billiards table
- Cafe with barista coffee and light snacks
- Caters for couples
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Comprehensive activities program catering to individual and group choice
- Dining choices include healthy, well balanced fresh meals, prepared daily. Special dietary needs are easily accommodate
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy
- Foxtel in common areas
- Friendly home like environment with committed and caring staff.
- Hairdresser services available on site.
- Homely and comfortable sitting rooms and rest areas, TV lounges and sun rooms - plenty of room suitable for family gatherings, activities, etc.
- Hot Breakfast - Weekly
- Internet Kiosk
- King Single Beds - electronically controlled
- Leisure activities for all residents including bus outings.
- Nursing Care appropriate to your needs
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Palliative and Dementia Care in a friendly environment.
- Parking available
- Permanent & respite care
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Qualified 24 hr Staff including Registered Nurses and Carers
- Quiet and secure gardens
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Single, couples and companion rooms available
- Smart Step Brain and Balance Training
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room - Private Extra Large
Large single room with kitchenette, generous built-in wardrobes and private ensuite. Direct access to an enclosed courtyard is available from the room.
Single Room - Private Large
Spacious single room has easy access to the ensuite. Built-in wardrobes provide ample hanging space and storage for personal belongings.
Single Room - Refurbished
Newly refurbished single room provides ease of access to the ensuite and enjoys an outlook over the courtyard. Built-in wardrobes provide ample hanging space and storage for personal belongings.
Single Room - Private Ensuite
Single room with ease of access to the ensuite and enjoys an outlook over the courtyard. Built-in wardrobes provide ample hanging space and storage for personal belongings.
Companion Double - Private Large
Large semi-detached room designed with a divider wall to provide privacy. Furnished with built-in wardrobes and a wall dressing table, ample storage for personal belongings. Ensuite is designed as separate toilet and bathroom areas.
Companion Double - Private Ensuite
Shared room separated by privacy curtains and overlooks a view of the river. Includes a private ensuite with easy access.
Entertainment & Technology
- Care App Connecting Families with Loved Ones
- Guest Wi-Fi
- In-Lounge Foxtel
- Internet Kiosk
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Happy Hour
- Live Love Shine Programs
- Regular Bus Outings
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
Recommended respite stays will vary between aged care providers. Our policy at Allity in order to optimise your experience, is between 2-4 weeks depending on your circumstances.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.