Smithfield Aged Care
- Access to community based events as required.
- Activities are diverse and include ‘Move it or Lose it’ exercise and art and craft classes among other things.
- Core program of events and activities – based on continuing assessment of resident needs and interests.
- Lifestyle Program offers a diverse range of activities, for both groups and individuals, to promote socialisation and to encourage residents to retain their interests or learn new skills.
Smithfield Aged Care
Welcome to Smithfield Aged Care
Located in the extensive parklands and reserves of Fairfield, and within walking distance of retail amenities and public transport, our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Our innovative design includes an internal shopping mall for that real sense of independence and community living. A coffee shop, hairdressing salon, second hand shop and chapel all support opportunities to socialise with friends and family. Spacious, light filled single and semi-private rooms with ensuites enjoy outlooks to landscaped gardens and courtyards with easy access to enjoy the outdoors and a breath of fresh air.
Lifestyle & Dining
Smithfield provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided by Allity’s LiveLoveShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can be. These include;
• Regular bus outings
• Happy hours
• Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
• Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team
• Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
• We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
• Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
• Quality labelling of all clothing
• Room set up
• Welcome dining invitation for the family
"Smithfield is a lovely facility, the decor in the entrance area, the showcases in corridors - it is all extremely well thought out and presented and kept beautifully. The staff are very friendly and go that extra mile....food at Smithfield is very good quality and is one of the best facilities I have seen, and I work in the aged care industry"
Book your tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Smithfield Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Delicious cuisine prepared by our Qualified Staff & served in the dining areas
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Heating & air-conditioning
- Homely and comfortable sitting rooms and rest areas, TV lounges and sun rooms - plenty of room suitable for family gatherings, activities, etc.
- Leisure & lifestyle programs
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Parking available
- Permanent & respite care
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Private Physiotherapy and Allied Services available as Additional Elective Options
- Qualified 24 hr Staff including Registered Nurses and Carers
- Quiet and secure gardens
- Single, couples and companion rooms available
Single Room - Private Large
Spacious single rooms have good natural light overlooking the courtyard. Rooms are furnished with single bed memory foam mattress. Built in wardrobes with vanity and desk and private ensuite.
Single Room - Private
Single rooms have good natural light overlooking the courtyard. Rooms are furnished with single bed memory foam mattress. Built in wardrobes with vanity and desk and private ensuite.
Companion Room - Semi with Ensuite
Uniquely designed semi single rooms have good natural light, suitable for couples or those who enjoy companionship. Bathroom is designed as a split ensuite with a separate shower and toilet.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Widescreen HDTV
- Hot Breakfast
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.