Redleaf Manor Aged Care
Welcome to Redleaf Manor Aged Care
Located amongst the lush parklands of Concord, our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Our Home also has a secure Memory Support neighbourhood dedicated to supporting residents living with dementia.
Your Home: From the moment you walk in the door, you are greeted with the very best in style and service amid the warmth and grandeur of our uniquely designed home. The variety of indoor and outdoor spaces ideal for entertaining is contrasted with intimate sitting rooms beautifully furnished for when you want to get lost in a good book. Each neighbourhood has its very own lounge and dining area for absolute comfort and convenience.
Redleaf is an Extra service Home that provides comfort and luxury where you can enjoy a pampering session at our hair salon or catch up with family and friends at the barista Café, while offering spacious single and companion rooms with private ensuites.
Lifestyle & Dining: Redleaf Manor provides a comprehensive range of Extra service offerings guided by Allity’s Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the best it can. These include;
- A changing selection of Live Love ShineTM programs covering music, art and craft appreciation, theatre, dance and literature
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hours, and live entertainment
- Quality dining & hospitality experiences includes hot breakfast options and beverage services
- Entertainment and technology includes widescreen TV, in-room and in-lounge Foxtel & Wi-Fi
We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
Moving In: We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labelling of all clothing
- Room set up
- Welcome dining invitation for the family
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families
- Cafe with barista coffee and light snacks
- Capabilities to support "Ageing in Place" providing support and care as resident's medical and care needs change
- Chef prepared cuisine to be enjoyed in a stylish, light-filled dining atmosphere
- Comprehensive activities program catering to individual and group choice
- Dental, Optometry, Physiotherapy, Podiatry and Speech Pathology services available
- Dining rooms available for private family functions
- Entertainers and Special Events
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy
- Flat screen television and Foxtel in each room.
- Friendly, caring, quality care by qualified staff on duty 24 hours – Registered Nurses and Personal Carer staff are available at all times to attend to all your care and and personal needs. Staff have been specially trained in all facets of modern treatment and care options for dementia residents.
- Hairdresser onsite.
- Internal courtyards and gardens offering sunny corners for all to enjoy.
- Internet access capabilities.
- Internet Kiosk
- Landscaped Gardens
- Library and reading room
- Living rooms with large plasma televisions.
- Lots of in house activities to keep minds and bodies healthy.
- Piped music
- Predominantly single rooms with ensuites.
- Qualified nursing staff on hand 24 hours / 7 days per week
- Regular Bus Outings
- Respite care alternatives.
- Secure Dementia specific neighbourhood
- Selection of twin share rooms
- The opportunity for couples to stay together if they choose.
Single Room - Private Courtyard
Flagship rooms provide direct access to private courtyards for an open plan feel. Spacious ensuite has generous vanity storage beneath and behind an extra large mirror with spotlighting overhead. Individually temperature controlled and luxuriously furnished with a king single bed, reading armchair and flat screen television
Single Room - Garden Courtyard
Double glass doors lead to a tastefully landscaped garden. Ensuite has generous storage behind an extra large mirror with spotlighting overhead. Individually temperature controlled and luxuriously furnished throughout.
Single Room - Juliette Balcony
Spacious rooms with double glass doors for enjoyment of the outdoors inside the comfort of your room. Ensuite has generous storage with mirror spotlighting overhead. Individually temperature controlled and luxuriously furnished throughout.
Single Room - Bay Window
Elevated courtyard or ground floor water garden views. Bay window provides light and extra seating and storage. Ensuite has generous storage with mirror spotlighting overhead. Individually temperature controlled, the room is luxuriously furnished throughout.
Single Room - Private
Spacious and light filled rooms designed with large windows and private ensuites. Equipped with a double door built in wardrobe, mirror and built in vanity and shelving above the bed for residents to personalise with accessories.
Companion Double - Private
Double rooms ideal for couples or those who enjoy companionship. Flushed with good natural light and a private ensuite, the room has a large built in wardrobe providing ample hanging space and storage. Rooms also feature built in shelving above the bed for residents to personalise with accessories.
Entertainment & Technology
- Care App Connecting Families with Loved Ones
- Guest Wi-Fi
- In-Lounge Foxtel
- In-Room Foxtel
- Internet Kiosk
- Widescreen HDTV
- Chef selection Afternoon tea
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Quality beverage service
- Happy Hour
- Regular Bus Outings
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
Recommended respite stays will vary between aged care providers. Our policy at Allity in order to optimise your experience, is between 2-4 weeks depending on your circumstances.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.