Holly Aged Care
- Core program of events and activities – based on continuing assessment of resident needs and interests.
- Lifestyle Program offers a diverse range of activities, for both groups and individuals, to promote socialisation and to encourage residents to retain their interests or learn new skills.
- Participation in community based events
Holly Aged Care
Welcome to Holly Aged Care
Located close to the southern end of the Southern Expressway, with the Onkaparinga River National Park close by, Holly Aged Care is an award-winning meeting of convenience and design. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
With an array of indoor and outdoor spaces, Holly provides an environment that supports social interaction between residents, staff and visitors whilst equally allowing opportunities for privacy as desired. Spacious air-conditioned single and semi-private shared rooms that each have en-suite bathrooms. Residents can enjoy the outlook onto landscaped gardens and inviting courtyards.
Lifestyle & Dining
Holly provides a comprehensive range of classic service offerings guided by Allity’s LiveLoveShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the best it can be. These include;
• Regular bus outings
• Happy hour
• Weekly hot breakfast
• Daily activities, special events and entertainers
• Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by our hospitality team
• Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
• We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
• Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
• Quality labelling of all clothing
• Room set up
• Welcome dining invitation for the family
"On the outside Holly appears to be a relatively recent purpose built age care building which has great facilities that meet all the requirements for safe and comfortable age care. However, what I believe is the real wonder of Holly are the amazing people within its walls.
What makes Holly special is the caring, professional staff and volunteers who generously give so much.
I was genuinely impressed with the dedication that everyone there brought to their roles. There existed a warm, caring environment that encouraged Marnie to exercise choices regarding her food, activities, outings and the level of social interaction she'd enjoy. I was encouraged to decorate her room with a few treasured possessions that quickly gave her a sense of belonging.
My admiration and gratitude for the Holly people cannot be adequately expressed.
The high retention rate of staff at Holly is a main factor in the quality of care residents enjoy - it’s reassuring ( as a relative ) to engage with the same individuals, but critically important to the elderly residents to have carers who know them, their likes and dislikes, their favourite flavour of cordial and whether its tea or Milo at bedtime…
Holly is a special place, made that way by the hardworking, dedicated people within its walls. I will be forever grateful that my Mum found a home there when she needed it most and that the amazing Holly carers fulfilled the promise to make every day the best it could be for her."
Thank you to everyone at Holly - Gail Brimson
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Holly Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you soon.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families.
- Café / Kiosk
- Caters for couples
- Close interaction with residents and their families.
- Close to public transport and shops
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Entertainers and Special Events
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy.
- Foxtel in common areas
- Friendly, caring staff on call 24 hours/day, available to attend to care and personal needs.
- Hairdresser onsite.
- Homely and comfortable sitting rooms and rest areas, TV lounges and sun rooms - plenty of room suitable for family gatherings, activities, etc.
- Hot Breakfast Weekly
- Landscaped Gardens
- Lifestyle Officers ensure residents are actively working towards personal wellness
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- Nursing Care appropriate to your needs
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Palliative care
- Parking available
- Permanent & respite care
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Qualified 24 hr Staff including Registered Nurses and Carers
- Quiet and secure gardens
- Registered Nursing staff available 24 hours / day.
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Single, couples and companion rooms available
- Welcoming and friendly atmosphere for residents, families and friends.
- Well known reputation for providing excellence in all areas of Aged Care
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single - Private
Rooms are carpeted with a homely feel. Features air conditioning, external window outlook and private ensuite. Rooms furnished with a single bed, 2 door wardrobe with drawers and multi purpose dressing table. A lockable drawer is also provided.
New Single - Private
New spacious single room. Features air conditioning, external window outlook and private ensuite. Rooms furnished with a single bed, 2 door wardrobe with drawers and multi purpose dressing table. A lockable drawer is also provided.
Shared Room Semi-Private
Rooms are designed with a dividing wall for privacy. Separate shower and toilet for private use of the 2 residents. Rooms furnished with single beds, 2 door wardrobe with drawers and a multi purpose dressing table. Separate air conditioners are provided.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- In-Lounge Foxtel
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Happy Hour
- Regular Bus Outings
- Bus Outings
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.