Highwood Court Aged Care
Welcome to Highwood Court Aged Care
Located in heart of Burwood close to a bustling shopping precinct, our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Your Home: Highwood Court is a Premium Service Home which has been stylishly renovated to offer a contemporary home-like environment. Residents have the choice of enjoying the peacefulness of an enclosed courtyard, a quiet library setting, and the luxury of a hair and beauty salon. There is generous lounge space or kiosk for catching up with family and friends.
This modern home offers a selection of newly refurbished single rooms with private ensuites.
Lifestyle & Dining: Highwood Court provides a comprehensive range of Premium service offerings guided by Allity’s Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the best it can be. These include;
- A changing selection of Live Love ShineTM programs covering music, art and craft appreciation, theatre, dance and literature
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hours, and live entertainment.
- Unique dining and hospitality experiences include hot breakfast options & beverage services
- Private dining planned functions organised with our executive chef to ensure the experience is everything you want it to be
- Entertainment and technology includes widescreen TV, in-room and in-lounge Foxtel & Wi-Fi
We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
Moving In: We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labelling of all clothing
- Room set up
- Welcome dining invitation for the family
- Beauty Spa
- Capabilities to support "Ageing in Place" providing support and care as resident's medical and care needs change
- Comprehensive activity program
- Dental Clinics regularly scheduled at the Home
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Foxtel In-Room
- Hairdresser onsite.
- Hot Breakfast - Weekly
- Landscaped Gardens
- Laundry services located at the Home
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- Nursing Care appropriate to your needs
- Outdoor Entertaining Area
- Pharmacy services offered.
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Private function room for special family events
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Secure Dementia specific neighbourhood
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room - Private Refurbished
Beautifully refurbished deluxe single room with renovated private ensuite and plenty of vanity space. Built in wardrobe, easy access drawers, king single bed, TV and comfortable armchair.
Entertainment & Technology
- Care App Connecting Families with Loved Ones
- Guest Wi-Fi
- In-Room Foxtel
- Internet Kiosk
- Widescreen HDTV
- Enhanced dining experience
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Quality beverage service
- Happy Hour
- Regular Bus Outings
- Bus Outings
- Live Love Shine Programs
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
Recommended respite stays will vary between aged care providers. Our policy at Allity in order to optimise your experience, is between 2-4 weeks depending on your circumstances.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.