Gosling Creek Aged Care
Welcome to Gosling Creek Aged Care
Located in Orange NSW, close to the region’s health precinct and just 4km from the town centre, our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care. We encourage independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual including specialised sensitive care for individuals living with Dementia.
Your Home: Inspired by the traditional ‘Australian country homestead’ positioned on a spacious 3.5 hectares of land with sweeping views, spacious surrounds and a complete wrap-around veranda, Gosling Creek is in a class of its own. From the minute you walk in the door, you are greeted with the very best in style and service amid the warmth and grandeur of this uniquely designed home.
Gosling Creek is country living at its best offering single and couples rooms, all with ensuite and most with veranda and garden access creates a friendly and bright atmosphere.
Lifestyle & Dining: Gosling Creek provides a comprehensive range of classic service offerings guided by Allity’s Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the best it can be. These include;
- A changing selection of Live Love ShineTM programs covering music, art and craft appreciation, theatre, dance and literature
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hours, and live entertainment
- Unique dining & hospitality experiences includes hot breakfast options and beverage services
- Private dining planned for functions organised with our executive chef to ensure the experience is everything you want it to be
- Entertainment and technology includes widescreen TV, in-room and in-lounge Foxtel & Wi-Fi
We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
Moving In: We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labelling of all clothing
- Room set up
- Welcome dining invitation for the family
- A suite of ADDITIONAL SERVICES featuring dining, entertainment and lifestyle activity choices over and above your standard specified care and services
- All televisions provided
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families
- Café / Kiosk
- Chef prepared cuisine to be enjoyed in a stylish, light-filled dining atmosphere
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy
- Foxtel in common areas
- Friendly, caring staff, who make all residents feel like they are home 24 hours / day.
- Full calendar of activities and events
- Hairdresser onsite.
- Healthy and delicious food prepared onsite
- Home is designed on one level
- Interior designed rooms, most with veranda and garden access
- Internal courtyards and gardens offering sunny corners for all to enjoy.
- Landscaped Gardens
- Premium rooms available with luxurious finishes
- Private function room for special family events
- Qualified nursing staff on hand 24 hours / 7 days per week
- Several lounge areas and dining rooms
- Smart Step Brain and Balance Training
Bedrooms overlook sunny and protected courtyards or landscaped gardens. Spacious built-in wardrobes and flat screen TV and opportunity to personalise to individual taste.
Single Private - Courtyard
Selected bedrooms have direct access to courtyards or access to landscaped gardens. Spacious built-in wardrobes and flat screen TV and opportunity to personalise to individual taste.
Single Private - Views
Beautifully appointed and elegantly furnished bedrooms and ensuite with natural lighting and views to Mt Canobolas. All rooms have spacious built in wardrobes and flat screen TV.
Entertainment & Technology
- Care App Connecting Families with Loved Ones
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Internet Kiosk
- Swift TV
- Widescreen HDTV
- Enhanced dining experience
- Happy Hour
- Regular Bus Outings
- Beauty & Spa Services
- Bus Outings
- Private Therapies
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
Recommended respite stays will vary between aged care providers. Our policy at Allity in order to optimise your experience, is between 2-4 weeks depending on your circumstances.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.