Coastal Waters Aged Care
- Art & Craft
- Balloon Games
- Carpet Bowls
- Church Services
- Cooking Classes
- Exercise Classes
- Gardening Club
- Hand Massages
- Happy Hour
- Knitting Club
- Men's Club
- Morning Teas
- Movie Sessions
- Music & Movement
- Pet Therapy
- Sensory Therapy
- Sing a Longs
- Skittles & Quoits
- Visits from School Children
Coastal Waters Aged Care
Welcome to Coastal Waters Aged Care
Located near the picturesque shores of beautiful Jervis Bay on the NSW South Coast, our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Coastal Waters also features a dedicated Memory Support neighbourhood providing a secure place for residents living with dementia to enjoy their interests and have access to the support and care appropriate to specific lifestyle needs.
Our Home is well designed to utilise the best of the coastal lifestyle, reflecting a calm and relaxing environment. The outdoor spaces compliment the Home, including an undercover deck for residents, family and friends to catch up, hold events or just enjoy a quiet moment. We offer a selection of single and companion rooms all with private and shared ensuites.
Lifestyle & Dining
Coastal Waters provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided by Allity’s LiveLoveShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can. These include;
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hours
- Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
- Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team
- Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
- We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labelling of all clothing
- Room set up
- Welcome dining invitation for the family
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Coastal Waters Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families.
- Café / Kiosk
- Close interaction with residents and their families.
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Comprehensive activities program catering to individual and group choice
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Entertainers and Special Events
- Exercise sessions
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy.
- Friendly home like environment with committed and caring staff.
- Hot Breakfast Weekly
- Landscaped Gardens
- Lifestyle Officers ensure residents are actively working towards personal wellness
- Local church and community groups visit the facility on a regular basis.
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- Natural bushland setting.
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Palliative care
- Permanent & respite care
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Qualified 24 hr Staff including Registered Nurses and Carers
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Safe, caring and supportive environment
- Single or two-bedded rooms with ensuites.
- Spacious lounge areas, equipped with large screen TV's.
- Welcoming and friendly atmosphere for residents, families and friends.
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room Large
Large single room with private ensuite. Features include mahogany style furniture with a double wardrobe, side and bedside table.
Single Room Private
Large single room with private ensuite. Features include mahogany style furniture with a double wardrobe, side table and bedside table.
Single Room - Shared Ensuite
Quaint and inviting single room with a shared ensuite. Furnishings include a lockable side table and a double wardrobe.
Companion Double - Private ensuite
Double room suitable for couples and those who enjoy companionship. The room has its own private ensuite and is furnished with lockable side table and a double wardrobe.
Double room is ideal for those who enjoy companionship with a shared ensuite. Furnishings include a lockable side table and a double wardrobe.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Regular Bus Outings
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.