Claremont Terrace Aged Care
- Bridge Buddies
- Bus trips
- Carpet Bowls
- Church Services
- Daily morning discussion groups
- Exercise Classes
- Floor Games
- Gardening Club
- Happy Hour
- Knitting Club
- Movie Sessions
- Nail Care
- Newspaper Reading
- Pamper Day
- Quiz Sessions
- Reminiscing Sessions
- Scrabble Group
- Word Games
- Yoga Classes
Claremont Terrace Aged Care
Welcome to Claremont Terrace Aged Care
Located in Melbourne’s south eastern suburb of McKinnon, 12kms from the CBD, Claremont Terrace is serviced well locally by a wide selection of cafes, restaurants and other amenities. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
This Signature service home offers elegant residential aged care accommodation. Fully renovated, it offers a barista café perfect for catching up with friends for a casual bite, hair salon and swimming pool. There are choices of single rooms with ensuites or Apartment style living in distinct neighbourhoods, all with their own unique character as well as a selection of lounge and dining areas to relax or entertain.
Residents can enjoy absolute comfort and convenience no matter where you are. Pristine and inviting manicured gardens are ideal for privacy or social time with family, friends and neighbours. It is an active community that understands the importance of values and encourages independence whilst ensuring support is on hand at all times.
Lifestyle & Dining
Claremont Terrace provides a comprehensive range of Signature service offerings guided by Allity’s LiveLoveShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can be. These include;
• A changing selection of LiveLoveShineTM programs covering music, art and craft appreciation, theatre, dance and literature
• Regular bus outings
• Happy hours, and live entertainment
• Exceptional dining and hospitality experiences include hot breakfast options & beverage services
• Private dining planned for functions organised with our executive chef to ensure the experience is everything you want it to be
• Entertainment and technology includes widescreen TV, in-room and in-lounge Foxtel & Wi-Fi
• We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
• Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
• Quality labelling of all clothing
• Room set up
• Welcome dining invitation for the family
"Claremont Terrace has been absolutely wonderful at addressing all the needs of my mother who is in her late 90s and myself (daughter).They have been extremely flexible and provide a marvellous environment for my mother to thrive and enjoy life. Even with COVID-19, they have made every effort to provide contact between us using video technology and each time I \'see\' mum, she is looking so well cared for. She is happy and I would recommend this home to anyone looking for an elegant place with good care. The staff make the place and they have a long history of having worked there and bring a lot of experience. I cannot fault it in any way."
"My mother is very happy with her new home at Claremont Terrace Aged Care. The staff are caring, diligent and helpful. The facilities and rooms are beautiful (especially after the 2019 renovation). I can highly recommend this residence."
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Claremont Terrace Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be
- A suite of SIGNATURE SERVICES featuring dining, entertainment and lifestyle activity choices over and above your standard specified care and services offering
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families.
- Billiard and games room
- Cafe with barista coffee and light snacks
- Capabilities to support "Ageing in Place" providing support and care as resident's medical and care needs change.
- Caters for couples
- Caters for cultural requirements
- Choice of menu & beverages prepared by qualified Chef
- Close interaction with residents and their families.
- Close to public transport and shops
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Comprehensive activities program catering to individual and group choice
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Entertainers and Special Events
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy.
- Foxtel in common areas
- Foxtel In-Room
- Friendly, caring staff on call 24 hours/day, available to attend to care and personal needs.
- Hairdressing, Podiatry, Physiotherapy & Dietician included.
- Indoor pool and spa.
- Interior designed rooms elegantly furnished
- Internal courtyards and gardens offering sunny corners for all to enjoy.
- International Days are celebrated regularly, and friends and families are always welcome.
- Landscaped Gardens
- Library and reading room
- Lifestyle Officers ensure residents are actively working towards personal wellness
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Palliative care
- Permanent & respite care
- Pharmacy services offered.
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Private function room for special family events
- Qualified nursing staff on hand 24 hours / 7 days per week
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Safe, caring and supportive environment
- Single rooms all with ensuites.
- Spacious lounge areas.
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room Private - Balcony
Spaciously appointed room with quaint Juliette balcony and private ensuite. A built-in double wardrobe is provided with ample hanging space and storage for personal belongings.
Single Room - Private
Spacious room with its own private ensuite. A built-in double wardrobe is provided with ample hanging space and storage for personal belongings.
Single Room - Apartment
Spacious and tastefully appointed one bedroom apartment with private ensuite, separate lounge room and kitchenette. Perfect for more independent style living. Rooms range from 36 to 45 sqm.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- In-Lounge Foxtel
- In-Room Foxtel
- Internet Kiosk
- Widescreen HDTV
- Buffet Breakfast
- Enhanced dining experience
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Quality beverage service
- Happy Hour
- Live Love Shine Programs
- Regular Bus Outings
- Bus Outings
- Private Therapies
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.