Charles Young Aged Care
- Art & Craft
- Bus trips
- Church Services
- Drinks and light snacks provided by the coffee shop
- Hairdressing salon
- Men's Club
- Movie Sessions
- Residents in the Memory Support Neighbourhood have a dementia-specific lifestyle program designed for individual needs
- Residents requiring palliative care are able to spend private, quality time with relatives who, in consultation with staff, can stay overnight
- Shopping Trips
- Tai Chi Classes
Charles Young Aged Care
Welcome to Charles Young Aged Care
Located in Morphettville, South of Adelaide, Charles Young is just a 5minute walk to and from public transport and surrounded by activity and opportunity. Our Home is surrounded by parklands and is a short drive to the beautiful Glenelg foreshore or the busy Marion Shopping Centre. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Offering its own hair salon and café, Charles Young provides convenience and leisure. The contemporary communal social areas provides a comfortable place for residents to partake in dining or have time out to relax with family and friends. There is also an expansive outdoor area with internal courtyards, expansive gardens and walking paths where residents can enjoy fresh air and exercise among the colourful fragrant gardens. Charles Young provides a variety of bright spacious, single and twin rooms with ensuites that are designed to ensure comfort & security.
Lifestyle & Dining
Charles Young provides a comprehensive range of Classic service offerings guided LiveLoveShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the bet it can be. These include;
• Regular bus outings
• Happy hours
• Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
• Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team
• Entertainment and technology including in-room wide screen TV and Wi-Fi
• We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs.
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
• Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
• Quality labelling of all clothing
• Room set up
• Welcome dining invitation for the family
"Pa was determined not to end up in an Aged Care, outgoing, proud and fiercely independent he lived in the home he built almost fifty years earlier. Unfortunately his memory started to become muddled, he went for walks in the early hours and had difficulty finding his way home.
We soon realised it was time to get Pa help. Two weeks respite ended after three days. Pa said, “He’d seen enough of New Zealand”, “take me home”. We all knew that we needed somewhere permanent for Pa, so we found a placement near home. Now we can relax we thought, NO WAY!
Pa wasn’t going quietly and ended up in hospital for Christmas and his 89th birthday. The next three months were looking like he’d come to the end of the road. The Nursing Home said he didn’t fit their criteria anymore and if he was to return they would find somewhere else for him within two weeks. Then when the hospital said he’s ready for discharge we had nowhere for him to go.
Searching frantically over the next few days Pa was offered a placement at Charles Young. We didn’t hesitate to accept the room and when we arrived the reception was incredibly warm and welcoming. Pa’s care needs were discussed, the Doctor reviewed his medications and over the next few days and weeks we saw a magnificent change in him, for the first time in three months he smiled and was able to hold a small conversation again.
Spending more time awake little by little he started to mobilise, sit in the dining room and feed himself amongst other residents and take part in daily activities. It was great to see him interact.
Our family is at complete rest with Pa in Charles Young, we cannot thank Astrid and her staff enough. Charles Young staff go over and beyond at making residents feel at home. Pa has settled in extremely well, he’s thriving and everything you could ever want for your parent is covered. The home looks beautiful, there’s a great warm feeling about the place and Charlies Cafe in particular is Pa’s favourite.
To all the staff at Charles Young a sincere thanks for providing the magnificent home and care to our Dad Piet Winter"
A Resident's Story
Visit us soon at Charles Young, meanwhile meet Rihanna, one of Allity's 2018 People's Choice Award Winners.
Book Your Tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Charles Young Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you and making every day the best it can be.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families.
- Café / Kiosk
- Caters for couples
- Close to public transport and shops
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Comprehensive activity program.
- Continuous link with the community via Red Cross Visiting Scheme, Church Volunteers, Mobile Library, Work experience, etc.
- Emergency Call System 24/7
- Entertainers and Special Events
- Exercise sessions
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy.
- Friendly home like environment with committed and caring staff.
- Full calendar of activities and events
- Homely and comfortable sitting rooms and rest areas, TV lounges and sun rooms - plenty of room suitable for family gatherings, activities, etc.
- Landscaped gardens with intimate spaces
- Local church and community groups visit the facility on a regular basis.
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- On-site personal laundry service.
- Palliative care
- Permanent & respite care
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Qualified nursing staff on hand 24 hours / 7 days per week
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Regular 'Happy Hour' with beverages & finger foods.
- Safe, caring and supportive environment
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room - Extra Large Refurbished
Refurbished extra large single rooms all overlooking gardens with large windows for plenty of natural light. Includes a generous ensuite, 2 built-in wardrobes. Great opportunity to truly personalise your room.
Single Room - Private Large Refurbished
Refurbished large single rooms all overlooking gardens with large windows for plenty of natural light. Includes a generous ensuite, 2 built-in wardrobes. Great opportunity to truly personalise your room.
Single Room - Private Refurbished
Refurbished single rooms all overlooking gardens with large windows for plenty of natural light. Includes generous ensuite, 2 built-in wardrobes and king single beds. Great opportunity to truly personalise to taste.
Single Room - Private Ensuite
Good sized single rooms with large windows for great natural light. Built-in wardrobes and mirrors provided. Great options to truly personalise to taste.
Companion Double - Private Ensuite
Rooms with large windows providing great natural light with privacy curtains and generous ensuite bathroom. Both beds have built-in wardrobes, large mirrors and dressing table. Great options to truly personalise your room.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Widescreen HDTV
- Menu choice
- Regular Bus Outings
- Bus Outings
- Private Therapies
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.