Brentwood Aged Care
- Art & Craft
- Beauty Therapy
- Birthday Celebrations
- Cooking Classes
- Exercise Classes
- Floor Games
- Indoor Bowls
- Nail Care
- News and Discussion
- Quiz Sessions
- Reminiscing Sessions
- Shuffle Board
- Sing a Longs
- Touch Therapy
- Wii Games
Brentwood Aged Care
Welcome to Brentwood Aged Care
Located conveniently in the heart of Parramatta, Brentwood Aged Care is renowned for its welcoming, family orientated atmosphere and personalised service approach. Our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Our Home also has a secure Memory Support neighbourhood dedicated to supporting residents living with dementia.
We are also proud to have a long standing and stable complement of multilingual staff who support a culturally diverse and enriching community environment for our residents.
Bright, homely and understated, Brentwood’s offers comfortable single and companion rooms with gracious windows overlooking open gardens and parklands. The recent redesign of our limited number of bright companion bedrooms, grants our residents the freedom of more personal space. This allows you to have more privacy to enjoy activities such as some quiet reading, whilst maintaining the pleasure of good company. It’s no secret that companionship and making new friends are key to a smooth transition into your new Home.
Our Home offers a variety of social areas where residents can partake in dining or have time out to relax with family and friends, encompassing the spirit this Home has to offer.
Lifestyle & Dining
Brentwood provides a comprehensive range of service offerings guided by Allity’s Live Love ShineTM lifestyle philosophy centred on supporting our residents to make every day the best it can be. These include;
- Regular bus outings
- Happy hour
- Daily lifestyle activities, special events and entertainers
- Nutritious and tasty meals prepared daily by the head chef and hospitality team.
- Entertainment and technology including Wi-Fi
- We welcome and strongly encourage family & friends to join our residents in all of our programs
We make your welcome experience as easy as it can be with our dedicated 'Move In' service to take care of the necessities, so that you can focus on settling in. This includes:
- Testing and tagging of electrical appliances
- Quality labelling of all clothing
- Room set up
- Welcome dining invitation for the family
Chong Xin Du, Xia Lu Deng, Zhen Du and Howe Du (Ms Li’s family)
"We would like to take a moment to express our sincere appreciation and gratitude to you and your staff for taking great care of Ms Li when she stayed with you at Brentwood Aged Care. We all know Ms Li enjoyed the last moments of her life there and great care has been taken by your lovely staff.
Your staff are like angels and they gave their love and care to Ms Li. Her time at the centre was short, but was definitely cherished and we are all going to remember that. Words cannot express our gratitude...our heartfelt thanks to you, Bill and the rest of your team."
Book your tour
Excited to visit your new Home? Book a tour with us by contacting Brentwood Aged Care today and asking our friendly staff about availabilities. We look forward to meeting you soon.
- An open-door policy which allows consultation between staff and residents' families.
- Café / Kiosk
- Close interaction with residents and their families.
- Comfortable home – like environment
- Emergency call system in all rooms and bathrooms.
- Extensive activities are included in the daily program to keep the residents’ minds and body’s healthy.
- Foxtel in common areas
- Friendly home like environment with committed and caring staff.
- Home style meals are cooked on site in Brentwood’s kitchen, including the scrumptious cakes and morning teas which are a speciality!
- Hot Breakfast Weekly
- Laundry services located at the Home
- Lifestyle Officers ensure residents are actively working towards personal wellness
- Local church and community groups visit the facility on a regular basis.
- Meals prepared by qualified chefs/cooks. Our professional hospitality team prepares well-balanced, healthy and appetising meals. Special dietary requirements are easily accommodated.
- Palliative care
- Permanent & respite care
- Pharmacy services offered.
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Hairdressing & Allied Health Services available
- Registered Nursing staff available 24 hours / day.
- Regular Bus Outings
- Regular church services.
- Safe, caring and supportive environment
- Well known reputation for providing excellence in all areas of Aged Care
- Wireless Internet Connection (Wi-Fi)
Single Room - share bathroom
Room with bright with natural sunlight. Temperature and air flow control with air conditioning and heating system. Large built in wardrobe, bedside locker, comfort high back chair and TV.
Companion Room - Double
Spacious room with abundance of natural sunlight through large picture window, facing outward to the veranda. Large built in wardrobe, bedside locker, privacy screen, comfort high back chair. Shared bathroom.
Companion Room - 4 Bed
Bright spacious room filled with natural sunlight. A large picture window looks out to the Rose Garden. Fitted with large built in wardrobe, bedside locker, privacy screen, comfort high back chair and TV bracket.
Entertainment & Technology
- Guest Wi-Fi
- In-Lounge Foxtel
- Hot Breakfast
- Menu choice
- Regular Bus Outings
- Special Events
Respite Care – Your Home away from Home
While our Homes are known and established within local communities for permanent residential care and services, we are also experienced in providing individualised short term respite care, be it planned or due to an emergency.
What is Respite Care?
Events in life just happen, and it is in those times that short term respite can provide the help and support for carers needing a rest or elderly individuals requiring day to day care. Respite care can be planned or unplanned, and can range from a few nights to a few weeks, depending on your needs at any point in time.
Am I eligible for residential Respite Care?
Generally speaking, residential respite care is available for older persons who have carers assisting with their day to day activities and care needs. An initial face-to-face assessment is conducted by Age Care Assessment Teams to ensure you meet the criteria for respite care.
How long can I have respite care?
In a residential aged care setting, you can have access of up to 63 days of subsidised care in any one financial year. You also have the opportunity if needed to extend this by 21 days at a time.
When is Respite Care used?
At Allity, we have residents who book in regularly for respite as part of their family routine giving both the carers and the individual receiving care ‘time out’. Situations where respite care is beneficial include when:
Carers or families have holidays booked and want to ensure their loved one is well looked after in place that is familiar, comfortable and with people they know - which includes other residents and staff in our Homes.
Carers become ill or unable to provide the care and support for any length of time and want to ensure their loved one is looked after in a secure, professional and welcoming environment.
What should I expect?
We understand how distressing it can be to move away from a family home, even if it is temporary. When you come to Allity for respite care, our aim is to create a Home away from Home for our residents to make the settling-in period as easy as it can be. You can expect the same quality of care that permanent residents receive including all meals, laundry services, social activities and all of your care needs.
To find out more about Respite care options, you can contact a Home near you or send us your details and we will be in touch to assist any way we can.